Catholic Compassion Fund:
Emergency Tuition Assistance
Supporting Families in Times
At the FRCDB, we understand the challenges that families can face when unexpected hardships strike. Our Emergency Tuition Assistance program is designed to provide a helping hand during these difficult times, ensuring that children can continue to receive a quality Catholic education without interruption. We believe that no family should have to choose between their child’s education and dealing with emergencies such as the sudden loss of a parent, job loss, or other unforeseen crises.
About the Program
Our Emergency Tuition Assistance program aims to alleviate the financial burden caused by unexpected circumstances, allowing families to focus on healing and recovery while ensuring that their child’s education remains secure. We have established a dedicated fund to provide rapid and compassionate support to families in the Diocese of Buffalo who are facing genuine emergencies.
How It Works
When a family encounters an unforeseen hardship that threatens their ability to cover tuition costs, they can apply for emergency assistance through our streamlined application process. Our compassionate team carefully reviews each application, aiming to provide a prompt response to ensure minimal disruption to the child’s education. Approved assistance may cover a portion or the entirety of the tuition costs, depending on the family’s circumstances and the available funds. Awards are based on prioritized necessity basis. Though we would like to serve everyone, the Foundation has limited resources and must evaluate them on a case-by-case basis.
The FRCDB is proud to host a legacy of support for Catholic education through our Donor-Designated Endowment programs. These endowments are a result of the generous commitment of our donors who share the vision of providing a strong foundation of faith, knowledge, and character to the next generation.
Each Donor-Designated Endowment carries a distinct purpose, whether it’s providing scholarships for exceptional academic achievement, assisting with tuition costs for families facing economic challenges, fostering artistic or athletic talents, or promoting service-oriented initiatives that embody the spirit of compassion and community.
How to Apply
Applying for funding from our Donor-Designated Endowments is a straightforward process. Here is how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity:
1. Explore Opportunities: Read through the various endowments available, each with its own focus and criteria. Choose the one(s) that align with your goals and aspirations.
2. Review Eligibility: Carefully review the eligibility requirements for the specific endowment you’re interested in to ensure that you meet the criteria.
3. Prepare Documentation: Gather the necessary documents, which may include transcripts, recommendation letters, personal statements, and any additional materials specified in the application guidelines.
4. Submit Your Application: Follow the provided instructions to submit your application through our user-friendly online portal. Provide accurate and thoughtful responses to the application questions to give us a comprehensive view of your potential and aspirations.
5. Application Review: Our dedicated review committee will carefully evaluate each application, considering your academic achievements, personal goals, and alignment with the values of Catholic education.
6. Notification: Successful applicants will be notified of their selection and the awarded amount, if applicable, in a timely manner. Even if you are not selected, we encourage you to explore other opportunities and continue
your pursuit of excellence.